Kafka Component is designed to consume (read) and produce (send) messages to/from Kafka servers
Currently component support authentication with plain user-password only
Component credentials configuration fields:
- Username (string, required) - for SASL
- Password (string, required) - for SASL
- Mechanism (dropdown, optional,
scram-sha-512 by default) - Select authentication mechanism
- Client Id (string, required) - An id string to pass to the server when making requests. The purpose of this is to be able to track the source of requests beyond just ip/port by allowing a logical application name to be included in server-side request logging.
- Brokers (string, required) - Provide at least one broker, or coma/space separated list of brokers (hosts), example -
This trigger is used to read messages from Kafka
Please note: The flow must be set as real-time. Otherwise, errors will appear.
We recommend you set the lowest flow schedule (cron expression) frequency possible. E.g. once a day (0 0 * * *). Even though it does not affect the logic directly, each scheduled flow execution will create a record in the Executions list with no messages and no logs inside. All the logs and emitted messages will be appearing in the first execution.
- Topic - (string, required): topic name where you want to read messages from
- Group Id - (string, required): consumer groups allow a group of machines or processes to coordinate access to a list of topics, distributing the load among the consumers. When a consumer fails the load is automatically distributed to other members of the group. Consumer groups must have unique group ids within the cluster, from a kafka broker perspective.
There is no Input Metadata in this Trigger.
- value - (string, required): message content
- key - (string, optional): message key, if it exists
- partition - (string, optional): the smallest storage unit that holds a subset of records owned by a topic
- offset - (number, optional): the consumer offset is a way of tracking the sequential order in which messages are received by Kafka topics
This action is used to publish messages to Kafka
- Topic - (string, required): topic name where you want to send message to
- messages - (array, required): An array of objects with the following properties:
- key - (string, optional): By default, Kafka uses the key of the message to select the partition of the topic it writes to, if there is no key provided, then Kafka will partition the data in a round-robin fashion.
- value - (string, required): Your message content
"key": "Car status",
- topicName - (string, required): should be same as in config
- partition - (string, required): the smallest storage unit that holds a subset of records owned by a topic
- errorCode - (string, required): error code in case of fail
- baseOffset - (string, required): offset of the first message
- logAppendTime - (string, required): timestamp is assigned when record is appended to the log on the broker
- logStartOffset - (string, required): the first offset in a topic-partition
- Currently component support authentication with plain user-password only